If you’re looking for ways to reduce car shipping cost to Louisiana State University (LSU) or the surrounding area in Baton Rouge, using the tools here at TransportCompanies.com is the best first step.
Are you planning a move to neighboring New Orleans? The Big Easy is an amazing place to live, filled with nightlife, history and more options to explore than you’ll be able to finish in a lifetime. However, you’ll need to take care of many different things during the moving process, including sending your vehicle via a reputable shipping company. If you’re worried about ways to reduce the car shipping cost, there are solutions for you. Here are some vital tips to help you out.
1. Research – You’ll find a significant number of car shipping companies out there and they’re most certainly not the same. You need to research each and every shipper to make sure that you’re really getting the deal you think you are.
2. Communication – Communication with the shipping company is vital. Even if the company promises to reduce their car shipping cost for you, without clear, constant communication, there’s just too much room for disaster. Make sure you have a full sit-down meeting with a company rep before signing on and that they explain every line in the service agreement, as well as answering all of your questions.
3. Extras – Some shipping companies offer add-on services, while others build them into the service agreement. For those looking to pay the lowest car shipping cost possible, getting rid of those extras is important. Cut out things like “detailing” and avoid using enclosed carriers unless you have to. You should also avoid pickup and delivery services to save more.
4. No Insurance – If you don’t have car shipping insurance with your current policy, don’t buy what’s offered by the shipping company. Contact your insurance agent – you’ll save a good bit of money and be very glad you took that step.
5. Consider Locals – If you’ll be moving from a city in Louisiana to New Orleans, you might be able to reduce the car shipping cost by working with a local shipping company. Local car shippers can often offer reduced costs as well as faster services. However, if you’re moving from out of state, working with a national carrier might be the only choice.
TransportCompanies.com gives you the ability to find reputable, affordable companies to take care of your car on your way off to college as a Tiger at LSU or simply moving to or from Baton Rouge.